Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tis the season to be lonely...

FA LALALALA! LA LA LA LA!

Let's just sing it out, shall we?
Merry almost Christmas! The stockings are hung, lights are up, the tree is decorated, and there's a mistletoe around every corner...

And if you are one of those lucky human beings, you've got that special someone to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.

....And if you are like me, sitting at your computer stuffing your face with Christmas M&M's and downing a doctor pepper while listening to JB's Christmas album wishing you had someone to kiss under the mistletoe, it could be the loneliest time of the year. You feel me?

I see tweets ALL the time from girls that are like....

"I want someone to take me to temple square. *crying emjoii*"

"#ForeverAlone. *heartbroken emjoii*"

"I just want a boyfriend OMG. *crying and heartbreak emojii*"


I'd be lying if I said I wasn't guilty of some of the wanting a boy toy tweets... (Ladies, we've all been there. Don't judge me.)



But I mean, hello. What's not to want about a relationship during the holidays? I mean come on, sippin hot chocolate and looking at Christmas lights just isn't as fun to do by yourself.. 


It's definitely easy to get discouraged this time of year. Just being single in general can make people question their worth and wonder whats wrong with them. But I got somethin' for you lonely hearts out there, mkay? Listen here:

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SINGLE, DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU. 

I know it's hard. I know sometimes you just can't figure out why you are constantly ending up alone with a hurt heart. I know it hurts. HELLLO. I am the single queen. But guess what you guys? There is a reason WHY you are single. And here's why:

You refuse to settle for less than you deserve. And I think that is pretty dang amazing. 

There is plenty of people who would kill for your attention, ya know? Don't even deny it, you sexy animal. But really. There are people who would kill for you to give them the time of day, but you don't want to give your heart away to just anybody and that is COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE. Don't settle for any less than you deserve. Our hearts are valuable and they should be given to someone who makes our insides turn into gush and our knees feel weak by a single look. We are deserve someone to give us butterflies and to make us feel like we mean something.. and one day, we will all find that person. 

And I know you're probably sick and tired of being alone. I know you probably feel like you are the only person not finding love and I know you're probably hating yourself for it. And you probably keep giving your heart away to people who make you feel good and who tell you what you want to hear. And you're left devastated when they turn out to be like all the rest. Trust me, I know. Being lonely sucks. And this is the time of year where EVERYBODY seems to have somebody to snuggle up to around a fire while you sit and watch everybody be happy except for you. But you don't need a relationship to be happy and to feel good about yourself. You don't have to keep giving TOOLS the time of day because you think they won't be like the rest. You don't have to let people take advantage of you because they boost your confidence by telling you you're pretty one second and take away your self-respect the next. You don't have to keep giving these undeserving idiots a chance they don't deserve at your heart. You're so much better than that.

But I'm sure you do it because you want to be loved. That's all any of us want anyway. Even the cool kids who won't admit it. But you have to remember that one day someone will come along and you will understand why it never worked out with anyone else. And you won't have to endure anymore lonely winter nights.


Remember to save your heart, readers. And remember that you are worth it all, even if it's hard to believe sometimes. 

I hope all of your Christmases are merry! TWO MORE DAYS, HOLLA.


 
Anyone would be lucky to have you. Don't you dare let yourself tell you different. You are beautiful and if somebody doesn't see that, who needs them?  Don't forget that you are important to someone. You're important to me, my beautiful readers. 



Xoxoxox, 

Bshawty. 








 





No comments:

Post a Comment