Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Daughter to father.

So my dad is getting married this weekend.
I am really excited and super happy for my dad, because he's marrying the love of his life and it's going to be really exciting to move in all together as a big family. We all bought a house in town and it's the cutest dang thing to ever happen to me! So I'm really stoked about that too.

But today, I want to talk about the amazing relationship I have with my dad.

It's pretty safe to say that I'm a daddys girl and have been since the day I was born. We have always been super close and I'm so thankful for the bond I have with that guy. When I was a little girl, the only person I wanted to be around was him. He would take me to plays and take me to work with him and let me ride up in the front seat (Which was pretty stupid of him considering the fact that I was a toddler and he was a police officer....) and he'd tell me ridiculous stories that he made up. Like this one that I remember to this very day. When I was three years old, he told me that one day he was in the backyard and an alien came down from space and told him he would grant him one wish, and that he wished for a baby girl. So the next day, he got a baby girl. So basically my dad told me that I came from an alien. And I believed him until I was like five. So nice going dad, I'm from space. Awesome.

Oh, he also told me he wrote the song "I'm Proud To Be An American."

If you know my dad, you know how great of a father he really is and how hard he tries to be the best he can be for his kids. He is by far the most understanding and has the biggest heart out of anyone I know in the whole world. I can go to him with any problem and he will give me some super long cheesy lesson that will without fail make me smile and feel better within minutes. If I need a pick me up from a crappy day, all I have to do is give my dad a call and he will make me laugh by just being himself. He's the biggest dork you will ever meet and at times he drives me crazy.. but I wouldn't have him any other way.

Regaurdless of how bratty or onry I am towards my dad, he never gives up on me and he's always has been my number one fan. He is ALWAYS there for me and I know I can count on him for absaloutely anything in the world. He is truly one of my favorite people and best friends.

I am so extremely greatful for our relationship and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am seriously lucky to have ended up with the dad I have because the importance of a father figure in a childs life is crucial. I honestly would not be the person I am today without him. He is everything I want to be and one of my greatest heros. I remember when I was young ALL I wanted was to be around my dad and hang out with him... and even though I'm older and I found new boys to hang out with and I'm busy with my friends, there still isn't a single person I would choose over him. He is the best dad in the world, and I wouldn't want to have it any other way. He is my best friend. He really and truly is.

When my parents serperated, one of the hardest things for me was not being able to see him everyday. It took a toll on our relationship but I can honestly say that my bond with him is strong and nothing can ever break the love I have for him. He is one of the greatest people you will ever meet and by far the most caring and loving dad there has ever been. I don't even have the words to describe what he means to me.

This weekend, things are going to change. And I believe they will be for the better. I finally get to see my dad be happy after all these years and I can't wait to see his face when Dionna walks down the aisle. This is going to be an extremely special and amazing day for my family and I am giddy!


All I know is, Dad, I will always be your little girl. No matter how old I get or where I end up in life, you will always be my number one guy and you will always be where my heart is. You don't have to be scared to let me go because you have raised a very strong person and I owe it all to you. I can only strive to be half the person you are and I hope you always know that growing up will never change the fact that you are my daddy and I will forever be your baby. I love you so much dad. Thank you for being my biggest supporter, friend, and dad. I love you I love you I love you.  








  

1 comment: